Monday, April 12, 2010

The waiting game

So this weekend at Home Depot, there was a buy one get one free sale on seeds. I'm pretty sure I bought everything in the store.

I came home and began sowing them in the peat pellets, all the while thinking, where am I going to plant all of this? I have a small plot on the patio so, clearly I am creating a patio garden!

Before the fun begins and I forget, here's an inventory of everything I've planted so far.

Herbs
Cilantro
Oregano
Rosemary
Basil
Tarragon
Parsley
Purple Basil
Lemon Balm

Vegetables
Green/Red Peppers
Anaheim Chili Peppers
Cucumbers
Chives

Flowers
Aster
Painted Daisy
Lavender
Sunflowers
Purple Coneflowers

I also bought already potted mint, two tomato plants and two strawberry plants.

Here's how much I spent.

Herbs 6.36
Vegetables 1.87
Flowers 3.75
Mint 1.98
Tomato Plants 3.96
Strawberry Plants 5.96
Greenhouse cases 9.96
Organic Potting Soil 8.97
Total $42.81

You save so much with seeds but I've always had trouble with mint, tomatoes and strawberries. Besides, I wanted something I didn't have to wait on.

Hopefully my next post will include pictures of seedlings!

In the meantime, here's what's growing on the patio now.


0 comments:

Post a Comment